Private Tours & Tastings
Jump to a specific private tour:
Why not celebrate your next special event with a private Gourmet Walks culinary tour? We have planned memorable team-building events for many Bay Area companies, including Google, Apple, Genentech, Simpson Thacher, YouTube, AT&T, PIXAR and Clorox. A Gourmet Walks Private Tour or Tasting Party is a perfect way to entertain clients, spice up a spousal program or reward hard-working employees.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (or call 415-312-1119) and tell us what you'd like to do. We'll take care of the rest.
Have exclusive access to your tour guide on any of our private gourmet walking tours. All private tour prices include tour guide gratuity. Minimum of 8 people, maximum of 42.
Private Chocolate Tour: $62.50/pp
Private ULTRA Chocolate Tour: $90/pp
Private Gourmet SF: Hayes Valley: $85/pp
Private Gourmet Napa Tour: $85/pp
Private Japantown/Filmore Tour: $80.50/pp
Private NoPa/Alamo Square Tour: $85/pp
Private Healdsburg Gourmet Chocolate Tour: $65/pp
Tamar arranged a private tour for her colleagues at Alameda Family Services: “The Chocolate Tour was the perfect antidote to job burnout for my overworked social service staff. We loved learning about chocolate from its history to its many current delicious forms. It was a great opportunity to explore San Francisco and indulge our senses.”
Customized Private Food Tour
What culinary theme interests your group? We can create a customized itinerary just for you, complete with tastings and an entertaining tour guide. The tour can take advantage of transportation (limo or shuttle) and visit numerous San Francisco neighborhoods, or we can stick to what is walk-able.
Private Tour Possibilities (prices available upon request.)
The Best of SF Food Tour
- 5 hours by shuttle, trolley or limo
- Ferry Building to Japantown to Hayes Valley to Union Square
- Perfect for: Corporate Teambuilding and Incentives
- Group size from 8 - 14 people, daily
Taste of Marin
- Just over the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin county offers a scenic spot for a food tour and a gourmet scene that now matches San Francisco.
- Visit gourmet restaurants, shops and bakeries in 4 Marin towns: Sausalito, Mill Valley, Larkspur and San Anselmo
- Group size from 6-16 people, daily.
- 6 hours by shuttle
Gourmet Bakery Tour
- San Francisco is in the midst of a "Pastry Renaissance, " and this tour highlights the city's best new bakeries serving up both sweet and savory treats.
- Visit bakeries and taste pastries in 4 different neighborhoods: the Mission, Pacific Heights, Union Square and SOMA
- Group size from 6-15 people, daily.
- 5 hours by shuttle, trolley or limo
Crosstown Chocolate Tour
- Taste your way through 4 different chocolaty SF neighborhoods: Ferry Building, Dogpatch, Mission and Hayes Valley.
- Option to add on savory tastes before chocolate tasting.
- Group size from 6 – 15 people, daily
Ferry Building Sweets Tour – Kids Only!
- Learn fun foodie vocabulary words while sampling artisan sweets from 8 of the Ferry Building’s best purveyors.
- Group size from 6 - 12 kids, plus adult chaperones
Shopping & Sweets Tour
- Enjoy 2 ½ hours of sweet gourmet treats plus personalized shopping sessions.
- Group size from 6 - 12 people, daily
For more information on planning a customized private tour, please send us an email.
gourmet chocolate tasting party
You've heard of wine tasting parties, why not a chocolate tasting one? We'll come to your home or office with a wealth of knowledge to share and high quality chocolate bars to taste. We can even design games that reward your guests for guessing correctly. Your friends will have fun, but also leave with a better understanding of what goes into gourmet chocolate. This also makes a perfect corporate event.
From $30-50/pp chocolate only. $70 with wine pairings.
Sandrine planned a bridal event with Gourmet Walks in her Bernal Heights home: “We really enjoyed Andrea's gourmet chocolate and wine testing. We discovered an interesting variety of chocolate... a real pleasure to the palate.”
Foodie Scavenger Hunt
Add an element of competition to your tour! Let us organize a foodie scavenger hunt for your group. Participants will learn about the city and taste, while racing around to complete fun challenges. Perfect for a birthday party or corporate teambuilding function.
- $65/pp (including gratuity) for Chocolate Tour Scavenger Hunt
- $85/pp (including gratuity) for Napa Food & Wine Scavenger Hunt
Limousine service can be arranged for any of our 4 private tour options. Transportation costs start at approximately $300 for a 3 hour tour, gratuity included.
Inga planned a Chocolate Limo Tour for her husband's birthday: “Thank you for organizing a wonderful tour — we were able to pull off the surprise, and it was a very memorable birthday and an exciting way to see San Francisco in all of its chocolate glory.”
After your private walking tour, Gourmet Walks can arrange for a special themed cooking class at one of our partner cooking school locations. Learn how to make truffles with a private Chocolate Making class after your Chocolate Tour. Create a delicious, market-driven meal after your private Gourmet SF: Hayes Valley or Gourmet Napa Tour. Email email@example.com for a price quote.
Email us about setting up your private tour or tasting, or call 415.312.1119.