Covid-19 Liability Waiver
ADVISORY AND DECLARATION
I understand that Gourmet Walks LLC (the “Gourmet Walks”), is providing walking tours subject to the terms of this agreement (“Agreement”).
- RISKS OF EXPOSURE: The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a worldwide risk to human health. COVID-19 is highly contagious and has a mortality rate many times greater than the flu. COVID-19 can spread easily and exponentially. While people of all ages are at risk of catching COVID-19, persons with compromised immune systems and older persons may be at particular risk. You understand that by going on the walking tour you will be in close proximity to others which increases the risk of your exposure to COVID-19 which you voluntarily assume.
- Precautions: You agree to take all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Following all Federal, State, and local laws, even though such laws and orders may be changing rapidly.
- Exercising care to protect yourself, and assessing your own risks, by considering your age, underlying health conditions, recent travel, possible exposure to COVID-19, doctor’s recommendations, and local, state and federal recommendations. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to evaluate the risks and protect yourself.
- Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer and wearing a protective face mask. Please remember to not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practicing social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and non-related guests and the tour guide.
- After the tour, discarding any gloves or masks worn during the tour and washing your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds.
- If you begin to feel unwell for any reason during the tour or begin exhibiting symptoms outlined in Section 3 below, you will immediately leave the tour.
You represent that:
(1) To the best of your knowledge, you are not currently afflicted with, and have not knowingly, within the last 14 days, been in contact with someone afflicted with, COVID-19;
(2) You have not tested positive for COVID-19;
(3) You can provide proof of a completed course of vaccination against COVID-19;
(4) You are not experiencing a fever, or signs of respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or other COVID-19 symptoms including (but not limited to) chills, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea;
(5) You understand and acknowledge that persons may be afflicted with COVID-19 and: (i) not exhibit symptoms; (ii) not be aware that they are afflicted or (iii) may not voluntarily agree to disclose their condition, and;
(6) You understand and acknowledge that Gourmet Walks reserves the right to deny guests who refuse to provide proof of vaccination, wear a face mask, refuse to follow social distancing protocols, exhibit symptoms of any type of illness, or otherwise demonstrate behaviors that may put others at risk.
- Declaration and Assumption of Risk.
By checking the box below, you are declaring the foregoing is true, that you agree to take all recommended and reasonable actions to protect yourself and others from exposure to COVID-19, and that you ASSUME THE RISK of going on the walking tour. You understand and agree that no one, including Gourmet Walks and its agents and employees, can guarantee that you will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19.
You agree to release, hold harmless and not to sue Gourmet Walks and its officers, Members, employees and agents from any and all liability to you or your personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with participating in the walking tour, and you agree to forever give up any claims or demands therefor, on account of injury to you or your property, including injury leading to death, whether caused by the active or passive negligence or gross negligence of Gourmet Walks or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law while on the walking tour.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Gourmet Walks and its officers, Members employees and agents from any injury, loss, liability, damage or cost that may be incurred due to you participating in the walking tour whether caused by your own negligence or otherwise.
I have read these release and waiver of liability and indemnity clauses, and agree that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from this Agreement have been made. It is my intention that this release will be effective with respect to each and every claim, demand, liability, judgment, cause of action and expense specified above.
I AGREE TO ELECTRONICALLY SIGN THIS ACKNOWLEDGMENT. CHECKING THIS BOX IS EQUIVALENT TO A HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND GOURMET WALKS LLC. I SIGN THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR COERCION.